The average lifespan of an air conditioner is between 15 and 20 years, and even once your system has passed the decade mark, you’ll probably start noticing a decrease in the overall performance and efficiency. You’ll have a difficult time keeping your home cool, the temperatures will vary from room to room, and your energy bills will probably be steadily on the rise. So what can be done? Replacing an aging air conditioner can provide numerous benefits, and the experts at North Town Home Services can help you select a system and install it.
Request an estimate for your AC replacement in North Shore, IL! Fill out the form in the sidebar or give us a call at 847-999-4600.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner
How can you be sure it’s time to replace your air conditioner? Aside from the obvious (a complete breakdown), what are some other warning signs that it’s time to consider a replacement?
- Your AC is more than 15 years old. Not only are air conditioners manufactured over a decade ago vastly less efficient than systems designed today, the natural wear and tear on your equipment will impact its performance.
- Your house always feels warm. If your AC is struggling to keep up with the demands of your home’s cooling needs, it may be time for a replacement. New air conditioners are a minimum of 13 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio), and many systems go as high as 20+ SEER!
- The temperature fluctuates from room to room. Keeping the temperature consistent throughout the house shouldn’t be a struggle. If it is, it’s time to talk to the AC pros at North Town Home Services.
- Your energy bills are on the rise. Does it seem like you’re paying more and more for the same amount of cooling? This can be a sign that your air conditioner is having to work harder and run longer to do the same job it used to years ago—meaning it’s costing you money!
The experts at North Town Home Services can help you out by inspecting your North Shore home and helping you find the perfect new AC for you. And then we provide expert installation services!
North Shore’s Best Choice for Air Conditioning Replacements
Since 1927, North Town Home Services has been providing homes in North Shore with the most reliable AC replacements available. We are known for our legendary customer service, and we strive to give each and every one of our customers a one-of-a-kind experience.
We never hire subcontractors—our staff is made up of only highly-trained, full-time technicians. Our trucks are fully stocked with repair parts and equipment to ensure we can repair your HVAC system on our first visit.
We are members of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) and all of our technicians are North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certified.
Why choose North Town Home Services?
- Our company has been family owned and operated since 1927.
- We provide award-winning service (we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and world-class Net Promoter score).
- All of our technicians are factory-trained.
- All of our employees are drug-tested and background-checked.