A Chicago winter can bring you a lot to contend with as a homeowner. But the last thing you want to worry about is an ineffective, breakdown-prone, and high cost HVAC system! That’s why the experts at North Town Home Services offer top-class maintenance and tune-up services for your furnace or heating system.
Did you get your pre-season care this year? If not, our certified professionals can clue you in on why you should. And while you’re at it, we’ve got some good tips to help you get the most out of your heating system!
Looking for a team of certified HVAC professionals to provide your winter season heating maintenance? Contact North Town Home Services today!
Tips to Optimize Your Heating this Winter
Don’t stress, none of these are big time-eaters or expensive. We’re about making things simpler for you—and more cost-effective! To maximize your comfort and heating power this year, be sure to:
- Change your air filters. Air filters play a critical role in healthy air flow, which is one of the primary keys to effective, quality heating at a reasonable cost. For the best results, use an air filter with a MERV rating of 5 or higher and change it every two months at least.
- Clean and clear your vents (and home). For similar reasons to those listed above, clean vents and a dust-free home can play an important part in keeping your furnace or heat pump working efficiently and effectively. To get the most out of this tip, dust weekly and do a thorough carpet/fabric cleaning at the top of the season.
- Weatherize windows. Winterizing kits are pretty cheap at the hardware store, but if you prefer smaller solutions a caulk gun, rope caulk, or felt weather strips can do just as well. We recommend this because windows (and doors) are one of the biggest sources of thermal loss for your home and can lead to a lot of costly wasted heating. It’s fast, it’s easy, and it can save you a ton!
- Get professional maintenance. All of these tips are important, but as furnace maintenance specialists, we can say without a doubt that professional care is the number one most important thing to pursue as a homeowner. Not only will it minimize the risks of a breakdown mid-season, but it will ensure your heating works at its best and most cost-effective all year long.
Professional Maintenance & Care Plans
A preferred customer maintenance plan is the ideal way to get all of the assurance you need for your furnace or heat pump system. Why? Because it guarantees you get care when you need it most, which is not just every now and then, but best when gotten on a routine basis. In addition, maintenance plans offered by professionals like the team at North Town Home Services always feature really good benefits, helping you to save on both money and stress!
Schedule Furnace Maintenance in Chicago, Illinois
Since 1927, North Town Home Services has been providing homes throughout Northern Illinois with the most reliable furnace maintenance available. We are known for our legendary customer service, and we strive to give each and every one of our customers a one-of-a-kind experience.
Why Choose North Town Home Services?
- Our company has been family owned and operated since 1927.
- We provide award-winning service (we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and world-class Net Promoter score).
- All of our technicians are factory-trained.
- All of our employees are drug-tested and background-checked.