Your washing machine is an important appliance in your home, and when it isn’t functioning correctly it can create disruption in your cleaning routine and your daily life. One of the most common problems associated with the malfunction of washers is when the spin cycle fails to operate. There are a number of reasons that this might occur, and a proper diagnosis is necessary to determine if there is a simple fix that you can perform yourself or if the assistance of a professional is required.
What to Check When Your Washing Machine Won’t Spin
Before you request a service call from North Town Home Services, there are a few things you can check yourself, including:
- Inspect the inside of the tub to see if your clothing has accumulated to one side. Since an unbalanced load can prevent the machine’s tub from spinning, simply reposition the clothing and close the lid to see if the spin cycle begins.
- Verify that the machine is receiving power. Check that the power cord has not become dislodged from the outlet. If the power cord is secure, open the panel to your home’s circuit breakers and verify that the breaker has not tripped. In some cases, a tripped breaker can be difficult to identify. Flip the selected breaker completely off and return it to the “on” position.
- Check to see if there is still water in the tub of your machine. If the tub is still full of water, check for obstruction in the drain hose. Remove any debris and allow the water to drain. If this was the problem, the spin cycle will begin to function once the water is removed.
- Verify that the lid (or door) closes properly and is making contact with the lid switch. If your model has an external lid switch, try depressing it yourself with your fingertip or another small object. Remember, however, that a damaged lid switch may not be easily identified using this technique, and a professional serviceman may be needed to make an accurate diagnosis.
Why Choose North Town Home Services for Washing Machine Repairs?
When the above steps do not result in a fully functioning spin cycle, it might be necessary to schedule a service appointment. While some causes of a malfunctioning spin cycle are easily repaired, others are very difficult for homeowners to diagnose and fix. Our experienced repair technicians are highly trained and possess the knowledge and tools to perform a prompt diagnosis of your spin cycle issues. Join other Chicagoland residents and discover the benefits of choosing North Town Home Services including:
- All of our service trucks are fully stocked with a wide range of parts to get your appliances back up and running as quickly as possible.
- We are a family owned business that is committed to providing residents in the community with the best appliance services available in Chicagoland.
Chicagoland’s Best Choice for Washer & Dryer Repairs
Since 1927, North Town Home Services has been providing homes around the Chicagoland area with the most reliable washer and dryer repairs available. We are known for our legendary customer service, and we strive to give each and every one of our customers a one-of-a-kind experience.
We never hire subcontractors—our staff is made up of only highly-trained, full-time technicians. Our trucks are fully stocked with repair parts and equipment to ensure we can repair your HVAC system on our first visit.
Contact us online or by phone at 847-999-4600 to schedule your washing machine repairs!