Should You Repair or Replace Your Refrigerator?
If your refrigerator stops working, that can really qualify as a bad day. Especially if you have a lot of fresh food inside! Believe us, we understand the inconvenience of a broken refrigerator, which is why we provide dependable refrigerator repair to Chicagoland homeowners.
Don’t panic! If you’re left with an inoperable refrigerator, and contact the repair professionals at North Town Home Services.
Signs You Might Need to Repair or Replace Your Refrigerator
There are times when repairing your fridge can make sense but other times it may be better to replace the fridge. Here are some symptoms you may be concerned about when it comes to your refrigerator:
- Your food is going bad more quickly than it used to or is coming out of the fridge warm
- Your energy bills are climbing and your home’s other appliances are in good condition
- The ice is building up inside your fridge or your food is getting frost bite no matter how often you adjust the temperature
- The freezer’s ice machine won’t stop making ice and ice is falling out of your freezer
- Your fridge stopped working all together and moving the dials up and down is not turning it back on
- Your fridge keeps you awake at night due to excessive noises
If your fridge is suffering from any of the above symptoms, it may be time to turn to Chicagoland’s professionals at North Town Home Services for help.
Determining Whether to Repair or Replace Your Refrigerator
Take the following things into consideration when determining whether you should replace or repair your fridge.
- Age – If your fridge is older than 15 years old replacing it may be easier than having it repaired. Fridges older than 10 years old may be more difficult and expensive to repair.
- Type of Refrigerator – Side by side refrigerators can be more costly when it comes to repairs. If a side by side is older than 10 years old and is suffering issues you may want to consider replacement. If it is younger you may want to look at repairs. If your fridge has a top or bottom freezer and the freezers stop working it may or may not be more cost effective to purchase a whole new unit. Getting a quote from a team you trust can help you to make this decision.
- Energy Efficiency – Older refrigerators cost more to run in general. A fridge that is older than 7 years old likely doesn’t have the same energy efficiency that a new fridge has. Unless it has been kept in top condition.
You can keep an older fridge running efficiently and effectively with a little maintenance. A good maintenance plan will clean up your condenser and check all the main parts of your refrigerator. If small problems are caught early they can be fixed before they turn into more expensive issues.
Refrigerator Repair in the Chicagoland Area
The choice to fix or replace your refrigerator can be tricky. Keeping the age, type of unit and energy efficiency in mind can help you to make the right decision. A good refrigerator repair team can also help you make the right choice. Since 1927, North Town Home Services has been providing homes around the Chicagoland area with the most reliable refrigerator repairs available. We are known for our legendary customer service, and we strive to give each and every one of our customers a one-of-a-kind experience.