Maintenance Tip for Your Microwave
In today’s day and age, microwaves have become a necessity. Think about it—you need it to reheat that morning cup of coffee, last night’s leftovers for lunch, and frozen vegetables to eat alongside your dinner. Whether you’re cooking or reheating, your microwave has become your go-to appliance. Since your microwave is constantly in use, it’s crucial that you partake in routine microwave maintenance!
Keep Your Microwave in Tip Top Shape
Because your microwave plays an important role in your kitchen, the appliance repair professionals at North Town Home Services have compiled a list of tips to ensure the longevity of your microwave.
- Keep it clean – Tired of scrubbing relentless crud that gets stuck to the interior walls of the microwave? Easily clean your microwave by heating up a wet paper towel! This will loosen the grime and allow it to wipe off easily.
- Follow weight restrictions – Certain dishware weighs more than the average plate. Similarly, frozen foods will weigh more than something that simply needs to be reheated. While you won’t have to worry about weight limitations on a regular basis, they are something to keep in mind. If you microwave something that is too heavy for the turntable, the motor can be damaged!
- Prevent door damage – The door is the most used part of your microwave. Whether you’ve opened it without turning off the microwave or slammed it shut one too many times, you could be causing damage to your appliance. Close your microwave door with care to ensure the latch doesn’t get damaged and only open the microwave after turning it off, otherwise you can blow a safety fuse!
Microwave Maintenance in Chicagoland
When you purchase a high-end home appliance, it’s important that you get the most of your investment—that’s why we strongly recommend regular microwave maintenance. Our professional technicians can do a complete cleaning and system check of your microwave to ensure that it is operating efficiently and correctly. This will help us spot and fix any minor issues before they have the chance to become major problems in the future.
Choose North Town Home Services because:
- Our company has been servicing the Chicagoland area since 1927.
- We provide award-winning service (we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and world-class Net Promoter score).
- All of our technicians are factory-trained.
- All of our employees are drug-tested and background-checked.