The Importance of Regular Air Filter Changes
During peak seasons, such as summer and winter, your home’s HVAC system works much harder, which means your air filter needs to be checked and replaced on a regular basis. Why is changing your air filter so important? Let us explain. The dirtier your air filter is, the harder your system will need to work to heat or cool your home! Not only will it need to work harder, it will perform less efficiently and the added strain on your system will shorten its life expectancy considerably. Believe us, this is not an outcome you want for your HVAC system.
Benefits of Replacing Your Air Filter
We’re often asked, “Why is changing your air filter so important?” Many homeowners in the Chicago area know that replacing your air filter is important, but they don’t understand the reasons why. And without a proper understanding, the task often gets pushed to the backburner.
The experts at North Town Home Services are here to explain to you the many benefits of routinely changing your HVAC system’s air filters, which include:
- Increased lifespan. Did you know that dirt and neglect are the leading causes for system failures? That’s because a dirty air filter can actually cause harm to your home’s HVAC system! However, this problem is completely avoidable with consistent air filter changes—which will ensure the longevity of your home’s heating and cooling systems.
- Improved air quality. Your family is important to you, which is why you should be doing everything in your power to ensure they are healthy. But if you haven’t changed your air filter in some time, you HVAC system is actually circulating dust, pollen, and other contaminants around your home—likely causing problems with asthma or allergies! By replacing your HVAC system’s air filter on a regular basis, you can rest easy knowing they are constantly breathing cleaner, fresher, and healthier air.
- Reduced operating costs. When the summer heat arrives in the Chicago area—as well as the brutal winter weather—you need an HVAC system that is ready to operate all season long. But running your system around the clock can cause your electric bills to skyrocket! That’s why you need to change your air filter. When your system has a dirty air filter, it makes it harder for the unit to do its jobs—and the harder your system needs to work to maintain a comfortable temperature, the more it’s going to cost you! By keeping your air filter clean and in good condition, you can maintain a more efficient system that will help you save up to 15 percent on utility costs.
Choosing an Expert for Your HVAC Maintenance
It is important to choose the right person to care for your HVAC system. You need a team that has experience maintaining all makes and models. It is also important to have a maintenance team that is factory trained and has all the right tools on hand.
The North Town Home Services team offers all this and more. We are family owned and operated and have been since 1927. We have a reputation for high-quality workmanship that is affordable and always completed in a timely manner.
Why Choose North Town Home Services for HVAC Maintenance?
- Our company has been family owned and operated since 1927.
- We provide award-winning service (we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and world-class Net Promoter score).
- All of our technicians are factory-trained.
- All of our employees are drug-tested and background-checked.
Since 1927, your friends and neighbors in the Chicagoland, Illinois area have depended on us for all of their HVAC services, including air conditioner and furnace maintenance. Contact us online or call us at 847-999-4600 to schedule service!