Freezing Chicago winters make your furnace essential. To assure your furnace is in good working order, it’s important to know the warning signs of furnace problems.
Need a furnace repair now?
North Town Home Services has been providing the Chicagoland area with the highest quality furnace services since 1927. Whether you need furnace maintenance or it’s time to install or replace a furnace, you can rely on our experts for quick, reliable, and professional service.
7 Common Signs that It’s Time for a Furnace Repair
- Your furnace is 10 to 15 years old – The average furnace lasts between 16 and 20 years. So, if your furnace is approaching that range, it’s smart to get it checked out and repair any wearing parts. As your furnace gets to 15 and over, start shopping for a replacement so you aren’t left panicking to get a new one when your aging furnace finally gives out.
- You’ve made more furnace repairs in the past few years – As furnaces start to go out, they need more and more repairs. So, if you notice that you’ve made an increasing number of furnace repairs within the past few years, take that as a red flag that your furnace is on its way out.
- You have to keep adjusting the thermostat – As furnaces start to fail, they are unable to properly distribute warm air. This makes some areas cold while others are too warm. And that usually means that you’re regularly adjusting a thermostat to make your home comfortable.
- You or the people you live with haven’t been feeling so well – A common problem with aging furnaces experience is cracks in the heat exchangers. When this happens, they can emit carbon monoxide, which can cause anything from headaches and nausea to disorientation and flu-like symptoms. If you notice these symptoms at home and they go away when you leave, it’s likely time for a furnace repair.
- Your gas and electric bills keep increasing – Older furnaces in need of repairs are far less efficient, meaning they need to run longer to generate the same amount of heat. If you notice your energy bills steadily and consistently rising during a Chicago winter, stop putting your money towards rising energy bills. Use it to repair or replace your furnace.
- Your furnace is constantly cycling – This red flag goes hand in hand with the above one because a constantly cycling furnace will raise your energy bills.
- Your furnace is noisy – Aging furnaces commonly pop, rattle, squeak, and bang. Often, these noises come from an overworked blower that needs repairs.
Contact North Town Home Services for Furnace Repair in Chicago, Illinois
Make sure you can depend on your furnace this winter and beyond! Whether it’s time for a furnace installation, repair, or replacement, or you simply need routine furnace maintenance, you can rely on the trusted experts at North Town Home Services. We are known for providing exceptional service and great results!
Call (847) 999-4600 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.