Warnings Signs You Need Appliance Repair
Appliances can be a finicky bunch. It can be tough to know when it’s time to call in for professional appliance repair, or when you just need the good old ‘turn it off and on’ standby. Are the appliances in your Chicago home giving you trouble, but you’re not sure if you need a professional touch? We can shed some light on the issue!
Do you need dependable, quick and effective appliance repair in Chicago or the surrounding areas? North Town Home Services can help! Contact us today to learn more about our services, or to set an appointment with one of our certified experts!
General Appliance Warning Signs
A lot of appliances carry specific, unique warning signs of disrepair. But many also share quite a few common warning signs, such as:
- The appliance isn’t operating correctly. As a general rule, if your product isn’t working as advertised, it’s probably a good idea to seek professional help. Appliances, and specifically electronic ones, are built to perform a very specific task. If they aren’t up to snuff, we can get them that way! Professional help also comes with the added benefit of being much safer. Trying to DIY a repair can be harmful to both your property, and to yourself!
- The appliance is causing power flickers. If you experience power surges or flickering lights, but only when you attempt to operate a specific appliance, odds are it’s in need of repair!
- The appliance is sparking. If your appliance sparks when you plug it in or attempt to operate it, call a professional! For safety, cut power to the appliance at the breaker box while you wait on professional help. Safety is important!
- The appliance is making odd sounds. We all know what a washing machine sounds like. Or a refrigerator, or most common appliances, really. Any buzzing, humming, clanking or clunking, and you are looking at a good cause for repair.
Specific Warning Signs
All appliances perform different functions, so it’s only natural that they all carry some specific problems.
- Temperatures vary wildly, cooking is inconsistent or no heat is occurring.
- Burners are not operating correctly, whether they refuse to turn on, or do not heat evenly.
- Digital display is not operating, or malfunctioning/not reading correctly
- Dryer is not heating up/clothes aren’t getting dry
- Machines are not rotating/oscillating properly
- Clothing is damaged by either machine
- Washer is not filling or draining correctly/at all
- Not cooling or staying cold
- Condensation or moisture present where it should not be (along seals, or on the floor)
- Frosting/defrosting when not appropriate
- Cooking or heating is inconsistent and or not even happening
- Internal light or digital display is not operating, or is malfunctioning
- Timer isn’t operating correctly
All of these appliance problems need to be repaired by a professional that understands the ins and outs of household appliances. Don’t wait, untreated issues can lead to larger problems down the line!
Call Us for Appliance Repairs in Chicagoland
Since 1927, North Town Home Services has been providing homes around the Chicagoland area with the most reliable appliance repairs available. We are known for our legendary customer service, and we strive to give each and every one of our customers a one-of-a-kind experience.
Schedule your appliance repair in North Shore, Gold Coast, Chicago, or the surrounding Illinois areas—give us a call at 847-999-4600 or contact us online.