As a homeowner, you know there is nothing worse than experiencing a broken air conditioner on the hottest day of the summer. Because, let’s face it, your AC unit will never give out at a time that is convenient for you. Regular maintenance can help keep your cooling system running smoothly. By taking care of your air conditioning system, you can rest easy knowing you and your family will remain comfortable all summer long.
Haven’t scheduled your annual air conditioner tune-up? Contact North Town Home Services today to get started!
Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips
Maintaining a fully functioning air conditioner is vital to keeping cool this summer. Here are some tips from the cooling specialists at North Town Home Services to keep your AC system running smoothly.
- Schedule an AC tune-up once a year (typically in the spring or the start of summer). You system needs to be maintained on a regular basis—otherwise you might find yourself sitting in front of a fan while waiting for the repairman.
- Replace your air conditioner’s air filter to optimize the efficiency of your system. Clogged, dirty filters block normal airflow and reduce a system’s efficiency significantly. With normal airflow obstructed, air that bypasses the filter may carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil and impair the coil’s heat-absorbing capacity.
- Check (and clean!) your air conditioner’s evaporator coils. If your evaporator coils begin collecting dirt, you could be impacting the efficiency of your system—which is not something you want to be doing. (Believe us, your wallet will thank you when your energy bills reduce.)
Benefits of Air Conditioner Maintenance
Still not sure spring maintenance is the right choice? Consider these benefits:
- Improved efficiency. The words “energy efficiency” get thrown around a lot in the HVAC world. But what do they actually mean to you as a homeowner? In essence, the efficiency of your unit directly affects how much it costs you to get the comfort you want out of your system. Poor efficiency means high cost, which means you need your system working at its best!
- Improved air quality. Summer in the Chicago area is popular for a lot of things, most of them good. But it’s also popular for allergens, and pollen levels! Your system needs to be properly maintained to ensure you get the best air quality, and the least allergens in the home, possible this summer.
- Better system lifespan. A system that isn’t properly maintained can have half of the lifespan of a professionally maintained system. This means that with you could be looking at costly replacement and repair more often if you don’t seek the maintenance your system needs.
- Reduced energy bills. An air conditioner that is tuned-up and well cared for can work more efficiently. This will help keep your energy bills in check.
- Enhanced safety. Your air conditioning system is made up of many electrical parts. It is important to make sure these are working correctly. Having an expert check over your system regularly can help prevent safety issues from arising.
Seek Professional AC Maintenance With North Town Home Services
At North Town Home Services, we offer maintenance agreements that are tailor-made to ensure you get the most out of your heating and cooling systems. Our Preferred Plans provide you with the peace of mind that your system will be performing optimally no matter the time of year!
With our maintenance plans you can:
- Maximize your investment
- Protect your warranty
- Improve your air quality
- Reduce your energy use and monthly expenses
Air Conditioner Maintenance Services in Chicago
Call on the experts at North Town Home Services to get the maintenance your system needs, and the quality you deserve! Our experts boast some of the best training and technology in the business, and we can guarantee our efforts will exceed your expectations.
Want to learn more about our spring maintenance, or our maintenance plans? Contact us today!