When we think of spring cleaning, our minds instantly go to donating old clothes, dusting every nook and cranny, and removing any clutter around the home. One area that often goes ignored is our refrigerator. Adding refrigerator maintenance to your spring cleaning ritual isn’t just a good idea, it’s necessary for ensuring your fridge is in good working condition and your food stays fresh and healthy. So, roll up your sleeves and let the spring cleaning begin with these seven top tips for ensuring a clean, safe, and high-performance refrigerator in your home.
Top Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Keeping your refrigerator well maintained is essential. Not only is it crucial for cleanliness purposes, but maintaining your refrigerator will ensure your system is working properly for the long term. The following tips are just some of the things homeowners should check off their spring cleaning to-do list for their refrigerators:
- Clean It: Instead of using chemical cleaners, create your own solution using a baking soda and water mixture. Leave a box of open baking soda in your fridge to absorb odors and replace it every three months.
- Toss It: Go through each item in your fridge and toss any expired food, condiments, beverages, or other perishable materials.
- Limit It: Find a new place to store your goods other than the door. Refrigerator doors are the warmest areas of the fridge and are most suitable for condiments.
- Thaw It: When thawing frozen meat or vegetables, make sure you place them on a plate to prevent juices from contaminating other food inside your refrigerator.
- Wrap It: Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap for up to three days in the middle shelves of your refrigerator. After five days, be sure to throw away any uneaten leftovers still lingering in your fridge.
- Freshen It: Keep your greens and herbs fresh longer by storing them in a few paper towels to prevent against wilting.
- Maintain It: Extend your system life span and protect against expensive repairs by scheduling routine maintenance for your refrigerator.
While DIY maintenance can help you identify potential problems with your refrigerator, it should never replace the thorough inspection that a knowledgeable technician can provide. Scheduling professional refrigerator maintenance can help you avoid unnecessary repairs, replacements, and the cost of spoiled food due to a faulty fridge.
Importance of Refrigerator Maintenance Services
Refrigerators should have a maintenance inspection performed by a professional technician at least once per year. During routine maintenance, your refrigeration expert will ensure the following:
- Door seals are fully functional and airtight
- Condenser coils are clean
- Temperature is accurate and set to the appropriate setting
- Ice making and water dispensing filters replaced as needed
- Refrigerator is level
When you need professional refrigerator maintenance, trust the technicians at North Town Home Services to ensure your system is in proper working condition. Our team has the skills and experience necessary to ensure your refrigerator is operating at its best. Contact us at (847) 999-4600 to schedule refrigerator maintenance services in your home today!
North Town Home Services for Your Refrigerator Maintenance
Check refrigerator maintenance off your spring cleaning list by contacting the professional team at North Town Home Services. We’ll make sure your system is working exactly as it should to keep your food fresh and safe for consumption.
Don’t let your refrigerator maintenance needs go unnoticed: Call us at (847) 999-4600 to schedule service in your home today!